Balloon Workshops Tips and Getting Paid for Charity Work
Welcome to the 110th episode of Season 5. Our co-host for this episode is Danny Schlesinger. We open the episode with a debate about Balloon Workshops. Particularly, when is the best time to inflate the balloons prior to the workshop. We also shared our thoughts about two mistakes in puppetry plus the hot topic of should you do charity work and how to get paid in doing it. Stick around and listen to the episode if these topics seems valuable.
In this episode we discuss:
In Your Voice: Balloon workshops – when to inflate – a question by Devin (a.k.a the Dev)
“Hi everyone, this is Devin. My question for the podcast has to do with the balloon twisting workshop and curious to learn how long in advance can blow or pump up the balloons? Thanks!”
Balloon Workshop Blueprint
Danny has done balloon workshops before, both before and after he took the Balloon Workshop Blueprint. Both Zivi and Danny had changed the way they do workshops after they took the course. It gave them a system and script to follow.
Things to consider in the workshop
- Venue arrival time
- Size of your vehicle
- Number of kids at the workshop
- Method of Inflation
- Make sure you have a separate room to inflate the balloons if you’re gonna do that in the location.
Things to consider when in the event:
- Headphones & Music
- Cleanliness of inflation room
- Getting help with inflating from volunteers at the venue or at home with teenagers
More discussion and tips when you listen to the episode.
Tips from the Vault: The two biggest mistakes people do with puppets
Based on the webinar we did with Colin Dymond (which is available in the KEA Learning Circle, under lectures)
- The Levitating puppet (puppet is held in mid air)
- Talking with both thumb and rest of the hand moving (should move only the thumb down)
Also from the course “how to add a puppet to your show”
Making it believable by creating the illusion of another character on stage.
The Add a Puppet to Your Show is available for KEA members.
Hot Topic: Charity work for free? Is that a good idea or not?
Important things about doing charity works
- Where are you in your career?
- What other benefits can you gain from a free charity gig?
- Can you cancel?
- You may want to draw your own line in terms of the number of free charity gigs per year.
- If you do some charity work it will feel great and research shows that in fact it will make you healthier.
- What kind of people are going to the charity?
- What your heart is telling you is really important, it’s all up to you. Listen to THE VOICE.
Get more information when you download the extended notes.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Now it’s your turn!
What did you think of this episode? Please share your comments below. Thanks for listening!