How to build your next show or even a new routine
Welcome to Season 7 chapter 135 of the Kids Entertainer Podcast! Today Zivi and Danny are back to talk about Getting a show together or a new routine. Listen to the episode to learn more on how can you put a show together even from scratch.
Here are some of the important notes from this episode:
- Virtual or Live - Your show and each routine should have a beginning, middle, and end
- Modular show vs a Narrative show? The benefits of each
- Danny’s first show - Lighter Than Air, a balloon show - made up of cabaret acts
- How do you know what order to put routines in?
- Get ideas, try stuff out, get a director/coach, get creative, don’t be a perfectionist
- Pre-sell your idea so it's funded and you have an aim, you know the demand and have bookings to help with costs of creating a new product.
- Theatre in the UK experience - Danny
- Test your show out with a local school, library, party, etc free or cheap but with feedback/ video/ photos/ testimonials.
- Market and sell your show.
- After each show for the first few - review, record on video if you can, and tweak the bits that aren’t working so well.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Now it's your turn!
What did you think of this episode? Please share your comments below. Thanks for listening!