How to Get Your Audience LaughingWant more ideas on how to get your audience laughing and respond to on-the-spot situations in a winning, witty manner? Comic magician Alan Rich talks about this, as well as jokes, gags and more, in this interview. Hit play and get ready to learn.
In this episode we discuss:
- How Alan made a career out of being funny
- The benefits of being funny in your kids entertainment career and in life
- Who can be funny
- Lessons from professional comedians
- The construction and delivery of a joke
- How to deal with hecklers positively
- Tip on capturing ideas
- Mistakes people make when trying to be funny
- How to be ‘quick-witted’ and deal with hecklers positively
- Where Alan looks for material
- Difference between a joke and a gag and which works best for which audience
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Now it’s your turn!
What did you think of this episode? Please share your comments below. Thanks for listening!