How to Manage Kid Audiences Effortlessly
Whether you’re a seasoned ventriloquist or a kids entertainer considering adding puppets in your act, Mark Wade has a wealth of practical tips for you that you can apply as soon as your next show.
Named America’s number 1 children’s ventriloquist and awarded the International Ventriloquist of the Year in the past, Mark shares how you can manage kid audiences effortlessly, convinces you to give puppets and ventriloquism a try, and directs you to resources where you can learn the craft.
In this episode we discuss:
– How Mark got into ventriloquism
– How to train kids to be an audience (great insights and tips!)
– How Mark’s dad influenced him
– The honesty of children and your “likability” as an entertainer
– Performance mistakes to avoid
– Mastering one field vs. dabbling at everything
– Mark’s philosophy—“controlled fun”—and how he applies it in his shows (another bunch of practical tips!)
– How to end a show the proper way (What happens when your show is done and you leave?)
– Dealing with challenging kids and situations
– Why add puppets in your act (the quick answer: kids absolutely love them!)
– Tips and tricks for those who want to introduce a puppet in their show
– Where you can learn ventriloquism
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Mark Wade’s new book Kidshow Ventriloquism Encore – Email firstname.lastname@example.org to order
Our sponsors are…
Spectator Party Art: A custom caricatured logo (that’s a cartoon for us non techie types) by Spectator Party Art puts a colourful and exciting version of you – the entertainer – front and centre in your customers mind.
Custom Magic Kits: Customised magic kits branded with your name and photo and website are the perfect way for you to get an extra stream of income from your kids entertaining business.
Add a little bit of inspiration with all that perspiration
In 1986, Julian Mather’s grandmother gave him a book of handwritten quotes and proverbs and ideas to help guide his life’s compass. Each week on the podcast Julian opens up this book and shares one of them with us….
Now it’s your turn!
What did you think of this episode? Please share your comments below. Thanks for listening.