Do you follow blogs for kids entertainers? If yes, here’s something I hope you’d love: a blog in video form–suavely called a vlog–that I started, and it’s particularly made for magicians.
Called The Magic Behind the Magic, this weekly vlog “looks at what full-time magicians do when they are not performing magic”–and that is running the business side of magic.
To kick off the series, I share with you the first two videos I made.
Watch this introductory video.
Here I give:
- An introduction to the vlog concept
- A discussion of how 80% of being a children’s entertainer is at the business end
Watch the first episode.
Here I tackle:
- Creating a contact list of businesses that you haven’t connected with before
- Using email templates
- Updating websites and marketing materials
- Creating a to-do list that works
- Tackling big projects a little at a time
Just as I said in my YouTube channel:
Forget the tricks and the illusions , pick up the laptop and pen and paper, and make magic your business.
Hope you enjoy this.