Essential Marketing of a New Show and Full Body CostumesIt’s episode 102, and we’re excited to share it along with our second co-host for the season, Regina Martinez, also known as Silly Sparkles. Regina loves sharing her knowledge with everyone and will be one of the three co-hosts of season 5! Today, we talk about the essentials of marketing that can be applied to a new show. I am sure you already have ideas about your next show so stick around, listen and brainstorm with us with this new episode on how to market your show.
We also discussed about the Five Word Tip. These five words transforms a group of kids into an audience. It was taken from one of the Kids Entertainer Academy lectures. Last but not the least, the Hot Topic of this week – Gigantic Costumes, are they adorable or SCARY? Let start dive right in!
In this episode we discuss:
In Your Voice: Essentials on a new show – the question from Yoshi
I put together a show but I did so far no marketing or whatsoever. I want to know, what are the essentials that I have to take, take my show that is sitting now at the boxes at home to somebody’s stage. What are the essential marketing steps that has to get done?
Here are the essential Regina and Zivi brainstormed about:
1) Get Professional Pictures – Make really good promo photos. Once you’ve got a really good photo move to step 2.
2) Next is to Market your show. There is a lot about that in the Pre-School Masterplan course in KEA.
3) We challenge you to do the marketing during the first steps of building the new show, not after your show is ready.
Tips from the Vault: The FIVE Words Tip
Five words that create an audience from a group of kids.
Ask questions like the samples below.
- Who wants to see a magic show?
- You Weren’t Ready were you?
- I will give you another go
Hot Topic: Full body gigantic Costumes that the entertainer goes inside – Scary or Adorable?
Wearing HUGE costumes has been around amongst entertainers for many years, mostly for kid’s parties and shows. The question we ask is, is it adorable or will it scare the kids away?
- We shared Regina’s thougths on this kind of costume as a mom.
- Size is powerful. Size of your costume matters.
- Costume quality is also a big factor
- The high end polar bear full body costume that was mentioned https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG1NHYFHDk4&feature=share
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Now it’s your turn!
What did you think of this episode? Please share your comments below. Thanks for listening!