How to be engaging with both the kids and the adults
Welcome to Season 7 chapter 138 of the Kids Entertainer Podcast! Today we talked about Kids with short attention spans. Kids and adults will be in the audience. Engaging the adults at kids' gigs and audience management is going to help you book more gigs. Listen to this exciting episode to learn more.
Here are some of the important notes from this episode:
- How do you keep everyone in the audience engaged, both adults and kids?
- How to be really good! at entertaining everyone in the room
- When to speed up your routine up by 25% and add surprises
- For Adults - have a skilful mind-blowing trick “Monkey jumping through hoop of fire”
- Be engaging with your show structure, and your patter and questions
- Setting up the chairs in lines
- Different humour levels including examples
- Listening to the kids and react in the moment
- Have prepared tactics for disruptive kids
- On booking - ask if there will be special needs kids there that might not like loud noises.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Now it's your turn!
What did you think of this episode? Please share your comments below. Thanks for listening!