Dreaming up Ideas
How to create original routines for your kids show?
Welcome to Season 7 chapter 134 of the Kids Entertainer Podcast! Today is the 4th episode of this new season and co-hosts Danny and Zivi talked about How to create original routines for your kids show in today's episode. Listen Now!
Here are some of the important notes from this episode:
- Why be original?
- Principle of the trick, idea for routine
- Inspiration, research, looking outside your field.
- Adapting ideas -Let’s take a look at the Colouring book trick; standard, other versions, make your own
- Make your own props - cardboard 1st to test, then make a better version 2, eg three little pigs story
- Combining ideas (Danny’s Three Little Pigs show concept)
- Pushing limits - What do you do now? Which bits do you like? How can you improve it? The look? The skill level? The originality? Upsizing? Miniaturizing?
- Character Development: eg Regina Martinez - Silly Sparkles - Danny Directs
- How crazy can you get?
- What is the end feeling you want for your audience that they go home with?
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Now it's your turn!
What did you think of this episode? Please share your comments below. Thanks for listening!