KEH 011: Booking Kindergartens and Pre Schools For Kids Entertainers
Booking Kindergartens and Preschools
for Kids Entertainers
Ever wanted to book kindergartens and pre schools to improve your kids entertaining business. Ever wondered how to take your work as a children’s entertainer from part time to full time? Zappo the Magician has done just this…
Many weeks of the year Zappo is touring the country performing at kindergartens and pre-schools and when he is back home is in-undated with party bookings! Wouldn’t you love that?
So, whether you’re a magician, balloon twister or face painter you can learn some valuable lessons from Zappo including: the importance of asking questions, making mistakes and doing the occasional free gig!
In this episode we discuss:
– Joining a magic club – a great way to learn
– Asking questions – how honesty helps you improve
– People skills – how this helps you get bookings, what to do and what not to do
– How to entertain at a kinder/preschool – themed shows with educational message
– Writing new content – keeping the magic alive!
– How mistakes are not always a bad thing, in fact it can be the total opposite!
– Tips for working with young children – do’s & don’ts plus language techniques
– Zappo’s occasional free shows, why he does them
– Creating your own kinder show – “take the kids on a roller coaster” the main ingredients for a successful show
– Keeping it simple – How Zappo gets a full calendar of bookings
– Adding balloons into the equation – delivery pieces, birthday presents etc
– Balloon convention OZJAM, how Zappo took his balloons to the next level
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Our sponsors are…
ClippedCardTrick.com – The Most Cost Effective Magic Giveaway That Costs Less Than 2¢ For a Kids Entertainer Hub $20 off special use the code: kidspod
TrickBalloonDog.com – Introducing The Trick Balloon Dog, a delightfully interactive, never popping, balloon dog-shaped novelty toy! It the tired and old Fortune Teller Fish material now updated in the shape of a balloon dog and available in 4 festive colors. Plus it’s packed in a stunning full color envelope with space for you to include your name! Finally, a giveaway for as low as 9¢.
Add a little bit of inspiration with all that perspiration
In 1986, Julian Mather’s grandmother gave him a book of handwritten quotes and proverbs and ideas to help guide his life’s compass. Each week on the podcast Julian opens up this book and shares one of them with us ….
Now it’s your turn!
What did you think of this episode? Please share your comments below. If you have any questions ask them below and Max will personally answer you.
Thanks for listening.