How to Improve Your Presence:
Kids Entertainer Tips for a Stronger Performance and a More Responsive AudienceAs entertainers, we want our audience to have their eyes glued to us, hanging on our every word and applauding with delight. And more often than not, the key to achieving this lies not so much on the tricks or routines we have prepared (although of course they are an integral part of how to get that reaction), but on our presence.
In this interview, comedy genius Robert Baxt talks all about improving our presence and he gives anecdotes and specific examples along the way to illustrate his points. He also shares a lot more in this episode, so we recommend hitting the Play button right now.
In this episode we discuss:
- Robert’s background in law
- How to read the mood of an audience and get them to respond
- What do clients pay you for and the audience applaud you for, your magic or your presence?
- Is it a good idea to simplify your show/performing setup?
- Getting the audience emotionally involved
- Robert’s one major tip for professional entertainers
- Outsourcing what you’re not good at: Robert’s comedy writing services
- Improv and theatre training: are they recommended for kids entertainers?
- The importance of being present and aware
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Our sponsors are…
Now it’s your turn!
What did you think of this episode? Please share your comments below. Thanks for listening!