Social Currency & Meaning:
How to Create Empowering Children’s ShowsIn this week’s Kids Entertainer Podcast episode, Guinness World Record holder and all-around entertainer Carisa Hendrix graces us with an interview that is positively brimming with insights and advice on how to create empowering children’s shows.
Talking in detail about where to draw inspiration, to how to manage different characters and brands, to what is social currency and how to give this to our audience in both our kids and adult shows, Carisa gives us a piece of her brilliant mind in this interview.
In this episode we discuss:
- Meaning, significance, and entertainment: How to create and balance these in our kids shows
- Carisa as a fire-eater, glass walker, and kids entertainer: How to effectively manage and market different characters and brands
- Focusing on one niche vs. offering diverse entertainment services
Where to find inspiration: “Study broadly”
- Carisa’s S.C.R.A.T.C.H. system on how to create new children’s shows
- Social currency and the value of this to a child
- Forms of social currency
- How to create what Carisa terms as “honest tension” in your show
- Communicating a message of significance in your show without being preachy
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Our sponsors are…
Now it’s your turn!
What did you think of this episode? Please share your comments below. Thanks for listening!