Educational Significance and Magic Workshops:
Kids Entertainer Tips for Increasing Your Bottom LineHow is an educational show different from an educationally significant show? Professional kids entertainer and educator Tommy Johns discusses their difference in this podcast and also gives clever, useful tips on creating, offering, and selling magic workshops.
There’s a wealth of information in this interview so be sure to download the extended notes to have a copy of the points Tommy enumerates and talks about in this episode.
In this episode we discuss:
- Tommy’s market
- What is educational significance (according to Julian Franklin) and an educationally significant show
- 10 qualities of an educationally significant program
- Tips for putting together an educationally significant show
- Tips on kid control
- One-hour magic workshops and how they are an integral part of Tommy’s business model
- What does it take to create and offer a basic magic workshop
- Tommy’s 60-second pitch that earns him a lot of bookings
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Tommy Johns’s websites:
Our sponsors are…
Now it’s your turn!
What did you think of this episode? Please share your comments below. Thanks for listening!