Science and Reptiles: How to Make Educational Shows EntertainingRob Ruthart, aka Reptile Rob, is a man who has truly followed his passion. Offering educational science and reptile shows and camps—including science and reptile birthday parties—he has found a niche he loves and has built a thriving business from it.
In this episode, Rob shares not only the road that led him to where he is today, but also the lessons he learned along the way—from how to manage staff and the business side of kids entertainment, to how best to engage children, to how to be the greatest children’s entertainer you can be.
Ready to hear the amazing interview? Hit play right now.
In this episode we discuss:
- What Rob’s science and reptile shows are like and how he injects entertainment with education in these shows
- The road that led Rob to building Safari Science
- How word of mouth worked for him
- The challenges he faced about finding and managing staff and the learning he picked along the way that has shaped his approach in business
- Why kids entertainment—and good kids entertainers—are important
- How Rob works with children (You have to hear this.)
- How he puts fun in educational shows
- How he entertains mixed-age groups
- His approach in educational shows: Fun first!
- How he created his science shows
- Tips and advice for kids entertainers
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Rob Ruthart’s Facebook page
Our sponsors are…
Now it’s your turn!
What did you think of this episode? Please share your comments below. Thanks for listening!