Last time, I discussed effective guarantees that will help you win the trust and the business of your potential clients. In the final post of this series, we’ll tackle what could be called the most important part of your copy—your headline.
The only way to ensure that your reader will read the first sentence of your website, blog, or marketing content is to give it a good, effective headline. During that one or two seconds when your readers glance at your headline, they will decide whether you’re worth checking out, so it’s imperative that you craft your headline carefully.
Look at it as getting your foot in the door. You have to grab attention and arouse interest from the get-go or your potential readers won’t scroll down or click through to see the awesome content and design you have painstakingly prepared for them.
Luckily, creating a compelling headline isn’t that hard. Below we show you 40 different kinds of headlines that can help you come up with one that works for you.
How to [benefit] and [benefit] Without [common problem]
- How to Get Sharper Lines and Brighter Colors Without Changing Face Paints
- How to Impress People and Make Them Laugh … Without Learning Difficult Juggling
How to Finally [blank]
- How to Finally Pull Off Your Dream Party
- How to Finally Learn Card Magic In Under 3 Months
How to Take Charge of [common problem]
- How to Take Charge of Your Online Bookings
- How to Take Charge of Problem Kids
Is [blank] the Best [blank]?
- Is Juggling 5 Balls Better than 3?
- Is Royalty-Free Music the Safest Way to Go?
Are You Making These [blank] Mistakes?
- Are You Making These Party Mistakes?
- Are You Making These 3 Display Mistakes When Using Silks?
What Kind of [blank] Are You?
- What Kind of Storyteller Are You?
- What Kind of Party Planner Are You?
Why Haven’t You [blank]?
- Why Haven’t You Visited BalloonFest?
- Why Haven’t You Taken Your “Dream Gig” Yet?
[blank] Vs. [blank]: Which Is Better for [blank]?
- Penn or Teller: Who’s the Better Magician?
- UK or USA: Which Has Better Face Painters?
Do You Recognize These [blank]?
- Do You Recognize These Party Stressors?
- Do You Recognize These Travel Balloon Twisters? (Hint: You Should)
What Is [blank]?
- What Is a Finger Tip? Why Should I Get One?
- What Is Third-Party Insurance? Do I Need It?
I’m Looking for [blank]… Can You Help?
- I’m Looking for a Few Good Ideas… Can You Help?
- I’m Looking for the Best Stories… Can You Help?
Tired of [blank]? Here’s [blank]
- Tired of Moving Lips? Here’s How to Get Free Vent Tips
- Tired of Pushy Parents? Here’s How to Take the Wind Out of Their Sails
Which of These [blank] Should You Use?
- Which of These Party Venues Should You Use?
- Which of These Sponge Balls Should I Use Outside?
[blank]? 7 Reasons You’ll Love…
- Sore Fingers? 7 Reasons You’ll Love This New Knot-Tying Technique
- Young and Broke? 7 Reasons You’ll Love These DYI Tricks
How Much Should You Pay for [blank]?
- How Much Should You Pay for Performer’s Insurance?
- How Much Should You Pay for a Two-Hour Party Package?
Are [blank] Worthless?
- Are Magic Sales Videos Worthless?
- Are Guidebooks Worthless?
The [famous person]’s Guide to [topic]
- The David Ginn’s Guide to Props
- The Clowns’ Guide to New York
The Secret [group of people] Use to [Benefit]
- 7 Secrets Ventriloquists Use Themselves to Throw Their Voice
- The One Secret DJ’s Use to Save Money on Sound Equipment
What [famous person] Can Teach Us about [blank]
- What Lady Gaga Can Teach Us about Performing for Kids
- What Buster Balloon Can Teach Us about Hats (But Not Film Production)
[number] Common [topic] Mistakes (and How to Avoid Them)
- 5 Common Balloon Decorating Mistakes (and How to Avoid Them)
- 7 Common “Money” Mistakes While Attending Conventions (and How to Avoid Them)
[blank] Mistakes You Should Avoid (But Don’t…)
- 21 Performing Mistakes You Should Avoid (But Don’t…)
- 10 Song Mistakes You Should Avoid in Front of Children (But Don’t…)
The One Thing You Must Do in [Place]
- The One Thing You Must Do in Kapitol Kidvention
- The One Kids Museum You Must Visit in London (But Are Afraid To)
The 5 Words That Will [blank]
- The 5 Words That Will Perk Up a Flat Audience
- The 5 Words That Will Keep Kids from Touching Your Props
How to [blank] in One Day
- How to Master Face Painting in One Day
- How to Plan an Entire Party in One Day
Can’t Keep Up? 7 Ways to Simplify [blank]
- Can’t Keep Up? 7 Ways to Simplify Buying Tricks
- Can’t Keep Up? 7 Ways to Juggle Knives Without Fear
5 Steps to [benefit]
- 5 Steps to “Do” Blackpool Convention
- 5 Steps to Safe Juggling with Kids
[blank]: The Quick and Easy Way
- Storytelling: The Quick and Easy Way
- Circus Skills: The Quick and Easy Way
[number] Ways to [benefit] Without [common problem]
- 7 Ways to Get More Bookings Without Breaking Your Advertising Budget
- 5 Ways to Keep Your Clown Shoes Looking Great
7 Simple Ways to [blank]
- 7 Simple Ways to Choose the Right Costume
- 9 Simple Ways to Plan Your Routine
9 Ways to [blank]
- 9 Ways to Go from Amateur to Pro
- 5 Ways to Keep Your Sanity While Holding a Party
The Top 10 [blank]
- The Top 10 Juggling Clubs for Outdoors
- The Top 10 Birthday Party Venues in London
7 Reasons Why [blank]
- 7 Reasons Why Street Magic Is Overrated
- 9 Reasons Why Hiring a Professional Kids Entertainer Is a Great Idea
[blank]: 21 Practical Tips
- Using Fire: 21 Practical Tips
- Sore Throat: 3 Practical Tips for Vents
Why I Hate [blank]
- Why I Hate Stereotypes about American Clowns
- Why I Hate Cards… But Love Card Tricks
7 Reasons Why You’ll Love [place]
- 7 Reasons Why You’ll Love Your First Juggling Convention
- 3 Reasons Why You’ll Love Magic Camps
The Beginner’s Guide to [blank]
- The Beginner’s Guide to Party Planning
- The Beginner’s Guide to Costume Characters
Yours Free: A Cheat Sheet for [blank]
- Yours Free: A Cheat Sheet to Keeping Sponge Balls Clean
- Yours Free: A Cheat Sheet to Popular Songs for Kids Parties
[blank]: The Ultimate Checklist
- Planning a Kids Party: The Ultimate Checklist
- Buying Balloons: The Ultimate Checklist
The No-Nonsense Guide to [blank]
- The No-Nonsense Guide to Face Painting with Kids
- The No-Nonsense Guide to Joining a Circus
The Step-by-Step Guide to [blank]
- The Step-by-Step Guide to Planning an Awesome Party
- The Step-by-Step Guide to Performing for Children
So, ready to create an outstanding headline for your website or sales copy? Grab your pen or keyboard now and start writing. Just remember to keep your headline simple, direct, and benefit-focused, and you won’t have trouble “getting your foot in the door.”
Need more copywriting tips? Check out the other articles in this series.