Why a Children’s Entertainment Career Is a Smart ChoiceRoger Blakiston’s career in professional entertainment spans over 50 years, and it also spans both sides of the Atlantic. Theatrically trained and having run his own children’s entertainment agency in the UK before moving to the US—where he is still an active kids comedy magician—Roger is filled with stories and insights about all these fun and games we call work.
Listen to our interview with him and see a life in children’s entertainment through his eyes.
In this episode we discuss:
- Roger’s comedy influences
- Difference between UK and US audiences
- Difference of children and adult audiences over the decades
- For how long can you be a children’s entertainer
- Roger’s story about how he started in magic and became a kids entertainer
- Why it’s a smart move to do kids entertainment over adult entertainment
- Theatre training and success in children’s entertaining
- Why Roger offers a different preschool show every month
- How Roger came up with his practical costume
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Our sponsors are…
Now it’s your turn!
What did you think of this episode? Please share your comments below. Thanks for listening!