Bubble Artist Tips for Entertainers
Thinking of adding bubbles in your act and need some tips from a seasoned bubble artist?
We got you covered.
In this episode, Caroline Cornelius-Jones, aka CJ the Bubbleologist, shares no-nonsense info on how to work with bubbles and even how to manage a crowd of bubble-bursting kids.
Business is thriving for this inspiring lady who is one of Singapore’s premier bubble artists. In between giving spectacular bubbles shows, playing various characters, and doing workshops, CJ runs two companies— CJ Bubble Productions and Fantasy Parties.
Learn all about her and the brilliant business of bubbles in this podcast.
In this episode we discuss:
– How CJ got the perfect bubble mixture
– How bubbles work in different temperatures
– Why CJ uses different bubble mixtures for different environments
– CJ’s selling points as a bubble artist and performer
– CJ’s love for dress-up and how that is incorporated into what she does
– Managing children during a bubble show
– How CJ puts children inside bubbles
– CJ’s showstopper: the cube-shaped bubble
– What CJ’s week looks like
– What CJ looks for when she hires new entertainers and why
– How to be in control yet still be fun (a very important skill!)
– Subcontractors—CJ’s thoughts on this
– Lessons on growing the business
– CJ’s creativity means many characters to play!
– The future for CJ Bubble Productions and Fantasy Parties
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Our sponsors are…
Spectator Party Art: A custom caricatured logo (that’s a cartoon for us non techie types) by Spectator Party Art puts a colourful and exciting version of you – the entertainer – front and centre in your customers mind.
Custom Magic Kits: Customised magic kits branded with your name and photo and website are the perfect way for you to get an extra stream of income from your kids entertaining business.
Add a little bit of inspiration with all that perspiration
In 1986, Julian Mather’s grandmother gave him a book of handwritten quotes and proverbs and ideas to help guide his life’s compass. Each week on the podcast Julian opens up this book and shares one of them with us….
Now it’s your turn!
What did you think of this episode? Please share your comments below. Thanks for listening.