Keeping Your Act Fresh, Adding Backing Tracks, and Missing a GigAre you tapping the power of backing tracks and effects to inject energy into your children’s shows? If not, this episode just might nudge you to give them a try, and we give you the resources you need to start.
And if you feel like your magic show, face painting or balloon twisting is growing stale or you need something new to offer, we offer practical tips on how to keep things fresh and in tune with your bookers.
Last but not the least, we give some thought on whether it’s ever all right to miss a show. We wish to hear your thoughts on the matter so we encourage you to join our Kids Entertainers Facebook group. Let’s keep the conversation going.
In this episode we discuss:
In Your Voice: Keeping Your Act Fresh
How often do you change your Birthday Magic Show? – Stefan Swanepoel
- The definition of a truly commercial act
- Changing your routines gradually
- Keeping your act fresh and up-to-date with new music, props, costumes
Tips from the Vault: Adding Backing Tracks
- Licensing and royalties – being aware of the laws in your country regarding the legal use of copyrighted materials
- Why add backing tracks
- Keeping the music in your shows updated
- Where you can get music and sound effects for your shows
Hot Topic: When Is It Okay to Miss a Show?
- Our responsibility to the birthday child
- Valid and invalid reasons for missing a show
- Must the show go on at all costs or would it be better to leave space for flexibility?
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Now it’s your turn!
What did you think of this episode? Please share your comments below. Thanks for listening!