Power Up Your Performance:
Kids Entertainer Tips on Projecting the Right Image to Handling Disruptions in Your Show to Writing Comedy That Suits YouWant a tighter routine, more control, and a more refined show? Lawyer turned kids entertainer/street performer/game show champion/author Scott Green shares brilliant tips on how to do all this to help you power up your performance.
In this episode we discuss:
- From being a lawyer to a kids entertainer
- Scott’s experience in street performing
- Performing in a suit: “Dress for the job that you want.”
- How he keeps the audience focused and engaged without yelling or too much animation
- Tips from game shows that you can apply in kids and family shows
- Tips when performing on TV
- Why he keeps on innovating and his 6 key questions to help you find the weak spots in your props or routines and improve them
- Comedy writing tips: Working backwards and Chekhov’s gun principle
- Is it a good idea to hire a comedy writer?
- Thoughts on the future of kids entertainment
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Scott’s book Excellence in Family Magic scottmakesmagic.com
Our sponsors are…
Now it’s your turn!
What did you think of this episode? Please share your comments below. Thanks for listening!