How to Make Your Own Contract:
Tips on Creating a Simple Binding Contract for Kids EntertainersLegal gibberish turns off many of us, and that may be why you’ve put off having your own contract in place. Drafting one also seems like a painstakingly meticulous business as you need to cover a lot of bases.
But in this podcast episode, Michelle Uulf shows that making your own contract does not need to be complicated. Here she shares how you can create this legal document simply but effectively, and even how you can automate the process of having it signed.
Press play and be sure to download the extended notes to get a copy of Michelle’s practical advice that you can save on your device for easy reference.
In this episode we discuss:
- Why are contracts important and how do they benefit you as an entertainer and/or employer (if you have staff)?
- Should you DIY contracts or should you employ the services of a lawyer?
- Can you just copy and paste contracts you see online?
- Can you change your contract over time?
- 5 steps to making your own contract
- Do people really read contracts?
- How can you automate the signing of a contract?
- What do you do when disputes happen?
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Our sponsors are…
Now it’s your turn!
What did you think of this episode? Please share your comments below. Thanks for listening!